Oprah said that "our spirits matched". I believe life is an adventure and I'm sharing mine with you. Dr. Harry Cohen described me as a "mono maniac on a mission", My blog is a journal of my thoughts and emotions. Along the way, I will introduce you to people who are a part of my life from my past to the present and we will laugh and cry together. I will surprise you with ordinary people and celebrity interviews. ENJOY. If you want something to happen, SPEAK LIFE to it.

Thursday, August 10, 2006

No Limits!! He said yes!

It was 9:30 on Tuesday morning when picked up my blue Sony Ericsson and began to dial the number 469-583-6xxx. Was I pressed the send button I prepared myself for the worst, but prayed for the best. I asked that light bright and almost white husband of mine what was his decision regarding homeschooling our son. He said "I really don't want you to do it, but if you want to then go ahead." Without hesitation I grabbed my flip flops, put a cap on my head and ran to the Chrysler that sat in my garage on empty. Oh no, it's on empty. I had a one track mind. I was going to get to that school and withdraw my son before my husband changed his mine. My emotions were running, my adrenaline was at an all time high. I was crying and laughing. I didn't want this to be one of those ..I wish I would have done this type of decisions. So I ran to the garage screaming move Duke move... that's my dog. I pressed the garage door button, but the garage door wouldn't go up!! I ran outside to the front yard, I had guest staying at my house. I asked them for their keys because they happened to be parked in front of the mailbox so their car had to be moved. I immediately jumped in their car and my thoughts were to get to that school and then go wash their car so it would appear as if I was just doing a good deed.
My friend Tri came over as I was driving off so I put their car in park and jumped in the van with Tri. Get me to Plano High school I said, she was laughing. I made a mental note not to answer the phone until the mission was accomplished. Sometimes people will change their mind. I ran into the school out of breathe but happy to be there. They sent me on a wild goose chase from building and one hallway to the other. At one point my ankles started hurting but I limped on because I knew what the end result, I could see my finish line. Every time I went to a different area I remembered to call Tri to tell her to move her car too, she continued to laugh. After entering the third building I was greeted by the coldest woman woman sitting at a desk. She was about 45 years old, wearing glasses and a sweater in 100 degree temperature, that let me know she was cold. Her name was Debra, I approached the desk, out of breath but happy. As I wasted for her to greet me with a smile, she never looked up. I said, Debra, I need to withdraw my son. Debra said with a tone just as rough as can be, " fill out this form and where is he going." I said to a private school, she said ok. It was that simple. Now I see why I want to remove my son from the public school system. Someone needs to teach her some manners.
The word said I can do all things through Christ that strengthens me. I am proud to say you are reading the blog of a PROUD HOME SCHOOLING MOTHER!!! Was there FEAR? of course there was but I overcame my reservations and all of the what if's. This Saturday my son will become enrolled in Jackson Christian Academy ( that has a nice ring to it). I am so excited about it. I feel like I am starting a new chapter in my role as a mother and wife. I see the potential of something big. I see me handing my son his diploma, I see us developing a bond that parents such as myself have dreamed about for years. I see an honor student being influenced by me and my friends and family and that makes me smile. My son, Artis, came into the room and just kissed me. I was like what was that about? he turned around and walked out. NO LIMITS... I see increase. In our conversation, in our time together, in our laughing moments and in just living.

I am so proud of myself. I am going to blog everyday about this challenge because if I can do this anyone can. I am honored to be his teacher. Yesterday a couple of his school friends came over and they told him how lucky he was for being home schooled and he agreed. Again, I am so proud. At this point in my life nothing else matters. Not money, not diamonds, nothing matters. What matters to me is to see my sons eyes light up when we talk about us working together this year. I have had countless nights where I walked the floor all night long, well maybe not walked the floored but saw myself pacing the floor in my dreams while the drool was coming down he side of my mouth and I would wake up and wonder how I could be a better person and look at how the tides have change.

I haven't heard from Deal or No Deal YET but they will be calling me soon. I am thankful today for my family and my friends who have seen who I am and are allowing me to be me. I am thankful that my lights are still on... cause its 105 degrees outside. I am thankful that I can see a shadow of my hair over my eyebrow- it's been a long time coming. I am thankful that I don't need television as a companion that I can read or just lay silently in bed while looking at my gold ceiling and let tears stream until I can taste the salt in my mouth but I am still happy. I am thankful that everyone in my family is alive. I am thankful for the glass desk and credenza that was given to me; I was told that it belonged to the VP of a prominent company and cost over $ 1,500.00 so as I look in my sitting room area (where my new desk is along with my MAC computer) I recognize how good God has been to me.
Look out world between GOD and Me there are NO LIMITS!

Food for thought; The night
is not forever .

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home